Recommended Sequence For
hastasana - arm lifts to front.
hastasana – lateral arm lifts.
cakrasana – circular movements.
hasta ardha hastasana in Virabhadrasana 1.
hasta hastasan in tadasana.
hastasana – lateral movement/hold.
hasta cakrasana in Virasana 2/3.
Between each of the above 8
arm movements repeat 1 minute of Adhomukha Svanasana followed by 1 minute of
- Utthita Trikonasana.
- Utthita Parsvakonsana.
- Utthita Ardhacandrasana.
- Other standing poses may be added between 11
- Other forward bends may be added between 11 and
12 but after “a”. In that case replace number 14 with long supported
- Other back bends may be added instead of “b”. If
adding these, emphasize number 14 with a longer duration.
- Pelvic floor leg lifts and/or Supta
Padangustansa series may be added after standing poses 11 (or “a”). They
may also be added between 12 and 13.
- For arm lifts (1 to 8) repeat 20 to 30 cycles
with no weight or a maximum of three pound in each hand; do not use any
weight for “hasta cakrasana” (3 and 8). Alternatively, as a more advanced
work these arm lifts should be held for up to 3 minutes each.
- Sirsasana may be added before any time before
- Twists may be added after 12 (Sarvangasana)
before 13. Do not do strong twist after strong backbends.
- Arm balances may be added immediately after